Take Control – reduce outsourcing risks
At Viasat, we believe that our in-flight connectivity must offer value, drive positive impacts, and enable and optimize opportunities for airlines. Viasat Aerodocs benefits from IFC, with the ability to deliver operations manual updates to pilots while in-flight, but it also has core benefits applicable to all fleet types, including those that are currently pre-connected.
We place a lot of focus on learning from our airline partners about how they benefit from their deployment of Viasat Aerodocs. This feedback helps our product teams to make Aerodocs even better and our professional services teams to get to the heart of the problem quickly when planning a new deployment.
Outsourced document management issues
What we’ve learned is that there are recurring issues around outsourced document management services, which can be resolved by Aerodocs. These problems include:
- Revision service takes a long time due to quality management issues and time difference;
- Training in XML coding (Extensible Markup Language, which defines a set of rules for encoding documents in a format that is both human-readable and machine-readable) or FODM (Flight Ops Data Management, the Airbus XML format) is required if an airline needs to edit the documents directly;
- System limitations sometimes drive departments (often dispersed, with multiple AOCs) to create their own alternative repositories. This defeats the goal of having a centralized document control system/repository. Recurring difficulties in creating repositories for big volumes and sub-folders.
- Systems are unable to automatically assign roles to users, so users are unable to access the site. Roles have to be assigned manually for the users to be able to see the manuals and access rights can be difficult to manage.
The Viasat Aerodocs solution
Viasat Aerodocs is the end-to-end document management system for aviation. Built around airline needs, designed for ease-of-use, and scalable to any sized air operation, it’s a future-proof, cost-cutting system that solves real problems in a measurable way.
Best-in-class system for complete control of the document lifecycle. AeroDocs manages the editing, revision, distribution and tracking of operational and OEM manuals, in an easy-to-use interface that delivers the power of XML, but without the hassles. The regulator can be integrated into approval workflows, boosting their confidence in your operation.
For airlines that have decided to deploy the paperless cockpit, AeroDocs has a real and measurable impact on weight carried (every hour, every sector), cutting fuel costs and GHG emissions. We can help you to calculate the fuel savings that AeroDocs can deliver, with a positive impact on CASK.
The document revision process is simpler and less time-consuming. Your technical publications department will require less human resources, allowing you to redeploy staff to where they’re needed most.
Among the benefits delivered by Viasat Aerodocs:
- Facilitates standardization of document appearance and content across all AOCs;
- Improves controlled distribution and tracking of documents and management of records;
- Improves tracking and monitoring of document control processes as well as ensuring compliance with document control requirements;
- Reduces cycle time to develop a document, ensuring documents are updated in a timely manner;
- Improves document distribution process to ensure the right documents are easily accessible by the right people, at the right time.
Let us solve your compliance, document control, and regulator confidence problems. Request a FREE consultation with our document compliance experts today.